View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 28th, 2017, 23:35

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 [ Declined ] Team1 Condemno, Destruction lock 

Character name: Condemno
Battletag: Melan#21384
Race, class, level, Artifact Level server: Human, warlock, 110, 52 traits, Silvermoon
Talent spec: Destruction

For how long have you been playing World of Warcraft?

I've been playing WoW for a long amount of time, however most of it originates in non-official servers. Back when I was a kid I played starting with vanilla throughout mid-wotlk, which is when I stopped playing the game. Some time later I started playing again on a private vanilla server where I was raiding for years. I know to some vanilla currently doesn't seem like hard content or skill requiring, however when you spend years doing the same raids over and over, you start min-maxing your gameplay to achieve some sort of competition, which is exactly what I did. Most of my gameplay skills and awareness originates exactly from raiding vanilla content. I've started playing retail WoW only recently, however I did get my fair share of the game and I feel comfortable with the gameplay.

Total played time:

Have 14 days and 16 hours /played on my warlock, around 3 days on my mistweaver monk alt.

Time played on current character in current expansion:

14 days and 16 hours.

Guild and raid info
Previous guilds and your reason(s) for leaving them:

The main reason why I transitioned from a private vanilla server with low population to retail realms is because I'm a highly competitive person. With my friend gifting me the game for me to start off as, I wanted to chase the dream of actually taking part in real competition where my efforts actually managed. This being said, I've been in a few guilds earlier that I do not recall, however my biggest raiding experience was in <Cryptic>. I joined the guild when it was 3/10 mythic, and since I joined we were able to progress 4 more bosses - Krosus, Botanist, Spellblade Aluriel. (Tichondrius aswell, I did participate on most of the attempts, however I couldn't make the raid on the kill day because I had to study for a hard upcoming exam) But I am familiar with the Tichondrius fight aswell. I didn't technically leave the guild, I got kicked out. For around 1-2 months now I've felt kind of frustrated raiding on progress fights where people would fail on simple mechanics and cost us tens upon tens of pulls just before getting lucky with those people not having to deal with those mechanics during the fight, which would land our success. There were a lot of such people in the guild and I am not a fan of having to hold back my fun with people who don't even bother trying to improve or focus. Today we were progressing Star Augur and we had around 20 wipes in the first phase where people died to the same mistakes over and over without any sense of improvement. After around 15 wipes I've whispered the raid leader and told him that I'm losing my patience, after around 20 wipes I've whispered the raid leader again and told him that I do not wish to participate in such progress, and I quit the raid - got guild kicked. Now I know that a raider should never cause drama like that, especially leave during raid time, but it was a repeating story of progress over and over again and I just understood at that point that this is not the guild I want to progress with. (We had around 110 wipes on spellblade, botanist and tichondrius each, all of them with the same problems). I also don't want to blame the leaders but I've been actively talking with the guild master about recruitment and I've even made a recruitment forum post around 3 weeks ago to help out recruiting good people to improve our raiding, however this hasn't helped us one bit, it seemed like the new raiders recruited were the same kind of underperformers/casual type of raiders.

How did you hear about Inner Sanctum?

I've looked it up on wowprogress, where you're ranked as #2 for our realm - Silvermoon.

Why Inner Sanctum and why should we accept YOU?

My "why" is rather simple - you're a high progress competitive guild on the server and that is what I strive for. You should consider accepting me because I'm a dedicated and skilled raider who overall wants the best for the guild, be it progress or social-wise.

Do you know anyone from Inner Sanctum in-game or irl already? If yes, who and will they vouch for you?

I do not.

What is your raid experience (on any character and including past experience)?

Whoops, answered this question above.

What do you expect from raiding in Inner Sanctum

I expect a high progress focused raiding team which also has a great social atmosphere.

Do you have a microphone and are you willing to use it during raids?

I have a microphone, however being introverted and not living alone I prefer to keep quiet during raids, can talk if it's really needed, however I prefer not to.

Can you attend all of our raid times listed in the rules? How often do you expect to miss a raid? (note we have an 80% attendance requirement and do track raider attendance)

I usually attend all the raids, unless something goes wrong in my life and I can not make it, of which I'll be sure to inform as soon as I'm aware.

How much do you play outside of raiding times?

I used to play a lot when I started legion, talking 8-10 hours daily. However my out-of-raid gameplay interest has rather faded in the past month, I'd speculate that it is because of my previous guild situation. I'm hoping to re-ignite the fire once again.

How would you describe yourself as a raider?

I'm skilled, I'm aware of the fundamental game mechanics. I know how to focus on important parts of an encounter and perform them well, considering I understand the theoretical part of execution (I always ask for confirmation on tactics I'm unsure about). I've only started playing my class, mainly destruction, recently, although I'm sure I've picked up most of the important stuff already and I believe my gameplay to be good. (I've talked to a high ranking warlock, whom has inspected my warcraftlogs fights and told me that my rotations are nearly flawless).

What addons do you use to improve your raiding performance?

Bigwigs, Xperl, WeakAuras, Quartz, Skada, CooldownCount, LittleWigs, SimpleBossFrame, SimCraft, Pawn.

Please supply a screen shot to your UI:

I have recorded a video of me running a DHT+16 recently, this has my UI, except for the xperl raid frames, which don't hold much significance being a warlock. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3AKIDxGvCk

Please supply a link to the armory with your raiding gear equipped:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... n/condemno

Please supply combat logs of some of your previous kills:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... n/condemno - My overall stats.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jcMDGXhAZQ1m7WRx - A few of the heroic bosses.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Vjtd1vnWrPHTpLAk - Full HC Clear + Some Mythic bosses.

As my ilvl grew I saw a tendency of my ilvl% parses decreasing gradually. After talking to a respectable warlock I was told that the gradual decrease was due to the guild's slower kill times on most fights which influenced a destruction warlock's parse a lot.

Please supply a link to the armory of any relevant alts you're playing:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... rmoon/neuu

Real life info
Name: Dovydas
Info about you and what you do when not playing WoW:

I'm currently studying psychology in a university, finishing up my first year. I don't really do much outside of studying and playing games, namely WoW and League of Legends.

---------------------

I appreciate whoever reads this and I apologize for the wall of text left at some of the questions, but I did want to describe the events as clear as I could, thank you :)

June 5th, 2017, 22:08
Officer

Hellu Condemno,

Thank you for your application to Inner Sanctum, your application is currently under review and we will come back to you with an answer shortly.

Kind regards, o/

Sagrt

June 5th, 2017, 23:14
Officer

Hey Condemno.

Thanks for your application to Inner Sanctum.
I regret to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful.

We wish you the best of luck in finding a guild that suits you.

Kind regards,
Sagrt

June 6th, 2017, 19:00
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]