View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 17th, 2017, 1:01

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 [ Declined ] Team 1, Avenea - (Havoc/Vengeance) Demon Hunter 

General info

Character name:
Avenea

Battletag:
DrissX#2434

Race, class, level, Artifact Level server:
Blood Elf, Demon Hunter, 110, 59 Havoc, 54 Vengeance, Draenor.

Talent spec:
Havoc/Vengeance

For how long have you been playing World of Warcraft?
I played since early Vanilla, taking the odd month or two break now and then up till the end of the first tier of Cata, at which point I quit the game till legion came out. Real life was too busy at the time and I had lost interest in the game at that point.

Total played time:
Across all my characters probably 450~ish days.

Time played on current character in current expansion:
48 days.

Guild and raid info

Previous guilds and your reason(s) for leaving them:
Since returning to WoW, I've only been in two raiding guilds, one on Stormrage that my friends and I joined for the start of the expansion called Cutting Hedge, the guild ended raiding at the start of Nighthold so I migrated with a few people to Draenor and joined a guild called Application Declined as a friend asked me to accompany them rather than go elsewhere.

Guild I just left was Application Declined on Draenor. The guild is very poorly run, and has many people which are effectively been carried. A lot of these are part of the leadership or are part of the immediate inner circle "clique". There has also been some very questionable choices about how said leadership handles the loot council among other things. Most of all though, the progress is poor, the raid decisions are poorer. I had enough of it and decided it would be best if I left.

How did you hear about Inner Sanctum?
Saw you were recruiting a Demon Hunter via WoWProgress, but I've known about Inner Sanctum as a guild since Vanilla.

Why Inner Sanctum and why should we accept YOU?
For as long as I've played WoW I can remember Inner Sanctum been a well known top end guild. You guys also fit the bill of what I want exactly. Short raids, short hours, on days I like, no split runs. But competent and well established progress.

Do you know anyone from Inner Sanctum in-game or irl already? If yes, who and will they vouch for you?
Not that I know of, I've been horde for the last few years, so its doubtful unless there's someone who name changed or re-rolled at some point.

What is your raid experience (on any character and including past experience)?
"Legacy" wise:
Vanilla, everything up to the Four Horsemen in Vanilla Naxx, simply not enough tanks for that one.
TBC, everything. Most of it except KJ when it was current and hard.
WoTLK, everything except ICC when it was current and hard. I quit WoW for a few months for Uni and when I came back my guild which was top 200 at the time was in shambles as the Guild Leader and most of the good players had quit/left.
Cata, all of the first tier raids, left before the troll patch I think it was came out and quit WoW till Legion.
MoP, didn't seem interesting, didn't enjoy the theme so didn't coax me back to WoW.
WoD, was going to play but my friends told me about the garrison stuff so decided it wasn't worth it.

Legion:
EN 7/7 Mythic when it was current.
ToV 3/3 Mythic when it was "current" and by that I mean I have the achievement but we did Helya after finishing NH mythic.
NH 10/10 Mythic, managed to get Gul'dan/Demon Within down 2-3~ weeks before the Tomb Patch.

What do you expect from raiding in Inner Sanctum
Progression, chill raiders that are nice to raid with, but actually have a serious side to wanting to kill bosses and put in everything required to do that in a timely fashion. Above everything else though I'd like players who actually understand that skipping mechanics to mongo on the parses is irrelevant if we wipe 40 more times because of it. And also have the initiative to understand how they should improve between wipes without having to be micromanaged.

Do you have a microphone and are you willing to use it during raids?
Yes.

Can you attend all of our raid times listed in the rules? How often do you expect to miss a raid? (note we have an 80% attendance requirement and do track raider attendance)
I can make all the raids and intend to have 100% attendance, as I've had since I started raiding this expansion.

How much do you play outside of raiding times?
I would say an average amount, I'm not much of an alt man though I have a couple, nothing compared to some people. I do M+ quite a fair amount if I'm hunting one particular item, otherwise I do enough to satisfy the weekly +15. I don't particularly hunt achievements or mounts however.

How would you describe yourself as a raider?
I'm a very active and vocal raider, when I get familiar with a group and its strengths/weaknesses I'm happy to suggest tactics or changes if I feel something can be improved on. I'm very able to take criticism if it comes my way without reacting to it poorly. My main interest has always been progression. So whatever is needed for that I'm in for it. I'd also say I'm a teamplayer kind of guy, so long as the team is on the same page.

UI & Logs:

What addons do you use to improve your raiding performance?
I have over 100 installed but the core ones would be:
WeakAuras
Details
DBM
Bartender
AngryAssignments
TipTac
TidyPlayes
ShadowedUnitFrames

Please supply a screen shot to your UI:

Havoc:

Vengeance:

Please supply a link to the armory with your raiding gear equipped:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/draenor/avenea

I have every Havoc Legendary besides the cloak and all the shared Legendary, I don't have any vengeance specific ones as I have raided so far only as Havoc. Currently about half of them are upgraded to 970. I also have every T20 piece but only use two piece of the set as right now the tier bonuses and the general stat deployment for Havoc on it is abysmal and far lower DPS than the T19 4 piece. Only when the item level compensates will it be worth swapping over.

Please supply combat logs of some of your previous kills:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/draenor/avenea

Please supply a link to the armory of any relevant alts you're playing:
As I'd be faction changing/server transferring I doubt I will bring any alts due to the sheer cost of doing so, maybe later.

Real life info

Name:
Warren

Info about you and what you do when not playing WoW:
I'm a Cybersecurity Consultant, I work five days a week, sometimes weekends when its needed but my hours are not unkind and I have a lot of leeway with how I use them too. But that shouldn't matter given the raiding schedule of Inner Sanctum as I see it.

July 6th, 2017, 23:08

Oh also 2/9 M so far on ToS, dunno how I forgot to mention that. My bad.

July 6th, 2017, 23:11

Hey Avenea,

Thank you for your application to Inner Sanctum, your application is currently under review and we will come back to you with an answer shortly.

Kind regards,

Sags

July 7th, 2017, 5:47

Hey Avenea.

Thanks for your application to Inner Sanctum.
I regret to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful.

We wish you the best of luck in finding a guild that suits you.

Kind regards,
Sags

July 19th, 2017, 17:37
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]