View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 17th, 2017, 1:06

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Balance druid, KVWN 
Social

General info
Character name: Nïdalee
Battletag: Deathmagnet#1615
Race, class, level, Artifact Level, server: Worgen, Druid, 110(?), 56, Blade'sEdge
Talent spec: Balance
Extra Info: Before reading this application, I’d like to explain why my current gear is so behind (as well as Tomb experience). As you might know, children under 2 do not pay when traveling by airplane. As my daughter will turn 2 next June, this was my last chance to fly far out with her & my gf (I’m poor, okay). Therefore, we went on a month-long camping trip all over Iceland – from July 1st to 30th I was nowhere near a computer. As such, I got about a week of Tomb heroic (with a random guild on the server, since my previous raiding guild had disbanded) and didn’t even kill KJ. This is not indicative of my ambitions as a player, at all. All I can ask for is that you keep an open mind reading the application / take the time to talk to me before making up your mind. I honestly believe I can perform at the level that is required of a top guild, especially on a 3-day schedule. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read my walls of text =).
For how long have you been playing World of Warcraft?: On and off since 2007/2008.

Total played time: On the druid, which I've mained since essentially WoD, 108 days.

Time played on current character in current expansion: 36 days, 1 hour at 110.

Guild and raid info
Previous guilds and your reason(s) for leaving them:
I'll ignore cesspool guilds that made up the majority of my gameplay until Mists.

<Pwntime> on Burning Legion, played there as a shadow priest. Not a particularly great guild, had issues killing heroic Immerseus but everyone starts somewhere. Left as the guild went to play Wildstar and I didn't feel like leaving WoW.
<Tomcats> Burning Legion. Was my first Heroic level guild ; got to Thok the Bloodthirsty before the Mythic prepatch. Stayed there until early in Blackrock Foundry, guild disbanded as leadership had had enough and recruiting was too time consuming for the remaining veterans.
<Furious Gaming> Blade'sEdge. got a few reasonable world ranks playing here, between my joining on Blackhand (World 350ish), Archimonde (400~), Xavius (350), Helya (260) and finally Gul'Dan. The guildmaster and officers had been playing since Molten Core and had had enough of the grindy Legion style, they were mostly raidloggers so the AP / legendary grind burned them out. We did try to continue the guild, but too many important people just uninstalled at once.
<VII> Emerald Dream. Raided here for funzies on my Rogue alt after we stopped farming Mythic Archimonde. Left after a few months when Legion was finally around the corner.

How did you hear about Inner Sanctum? On the WoWprogress recruitment list. Also have a few friends that play in various guilds on Silvermoon, Inner Sanctum popped up in some discussions here and there.

Why Inner Sanctum and why should we accept YOU?

Inner Sanctum is, as far as I can see, a well-established and well-lead guild on an active realm. I was rather frustrated at the slow decline during Nighthold, when the previously strict leadership in Furious became complacent (they were quitting, why yell/bench people that can't play for shit) and it made me realize how much I crave actually competitive play.
Furthermore, and this is actually way more important, the first letters of the guild name are capitalized. My OCD is satisfied.
I think joining Inner Sanctum would be a good fit both ways. I pride myself on my ability to avoid taking damage ( I had a screenshot somewhere of a night of Odyn progression, where I took 1 stun over 25 attempts, while doing near simmed damage ), love throwing banter and thrive in a guild where punctuality and mutual respect are key. I know that it is nothing short of disrespectful to expect 19+ people to wait for me, and in turn I value my time similarly. If the DBM break is 5 minutes, I'll be back at my keyboard after 4.30 at the latest. Finally, all of my past guilds have had serious commitment shown from my side – Two years in Furious until it disbanded, over a year in Tomcats until it disbanded etc. I don’t randomly jump ship. I’m in it for the longer run, not just to get a few kills and disappear again. I also take on a very active role in controlling mechanics ; I was the 'neutral' breaker for brands on Tichondrius, main freelancer to take over frost bumping on Spellblade, interrupting during rings on Elisande etc. Lastly, I thrive in an environment where criticism is not only expected but welcomed and celebrated. I sincerely believe that comfort breeds weakness, and as such I don’t want to be the person that gets careless and causes delays.

Do you know anyone from Inner Sanctum in-game or irl already? If yes, who and will they vouch for you? Can't say I do.

What is your raid experience (on any character and including past experience)?
As mentioned, I played in a whole bunch of different cesspool/friends guilds dating back to TBC. I only started ‘structured’ raiding in Mists, playing a Holy and later Shadow priest. The guild, Pwntime, was pretty much a starting point. I was asked to reroll to my Balance druid shortly before the guild left to go to Wildstar, and stuck with it for the rest of the expansion.
In Tomcats I started raiding Heroic, cleared Mythic with oneshots once that was released (what a butchery of a raid) and took over as raid leader during Highmaul. We were bleeding original members, though, and some drama lead to a disband early on in Blackrock Foundry.
There I joined Furious Gaming, again a big step up and getting my first Cutting Edge on Blackhand. Initially I was known as ‘initiate druid guy’, but as time went on I slowly gained more responsibilities and some semblance of respect. Kiting the blinking adds on Xhul’Horac, controlling ichors on Il’gynoth, being the ‘neutral breaker’ that dealt with Brand of Argus on Tichondrius etc. I was assigned difficult jobs because I knew I could perform well while doing them. This went on until we killed Star Augur Mythic, at which point we had a guild meeting where we were basically told ‘the guild master and all officers, plus the 4 ex-officer/veterans in the guild, are all uninstalling once Gul’dan dies’. I was promoted with the intention of continuing the guild after that, but we simply lost too many critical people at once and the project died very soon afterwards.
I joined the 2nd best guild on the server (currently 3/9M) for a while to reclear Nighthold (they were progressing guldan at the time Tomb released), got a week’s worth of Heroic done with them, and went to Iceland. Now here we are.
As a side note, I played my Rogue for shits and giggles when we stopped farming Mythic Archimonde (everyone who mattered had the mount). Went from Gorefiend up to and including Mannoroth, but left as the Legion prepatch hit.
As a final ‘raiding’ thing; I participated in (and am a moderator of) the Euromoose initiative (Now Eurogroup discord) as a raid leader, a WoW subreddit group that bound together in the last 2-3 weeks of Warlords to boost people that wanted the moose from Archi but couldn’t do Heroic themselves. In 2 weeks of boosting we managed to get over 3000 people the moose mount, and we’re planning to do the same for the Argus mount =)

What do you expect from raiding in Inner Sanctum
I expect people that are on their toes. A rock solid leadership, with clear goals and progression-minded behavior from everyone involved. I expect to be criticized when I fuck up and recognized when I do something extraordinary. A guild that does content together, not just raid logging or staying within their own cliques to do M+. I expect people that push themselves to the limit, to get solid progress without resorting to no-life raiding schedules. Finally, I expect a mature group of people that knows and understands that atmosphere during trivial content / farm can be about banter and bad jokes, but that that shit is unacceptable during progress. I expect people that put the guild before themselves, that don’t make a drama out of being sat for a fight, and that understand that loot is only a thing to further the group’s progress, not to make their name rise higher on Wowprogress.
Do you have a microphone and are you willing to use it during raids?
Absolutely.
Can you attend all of our raid times listed in the rules? How often do you expect to miss a raid? (note we have an 80% attendance requirement and do track raider attendance) Yes I can, I might miss a raid every 3-4 weeks or so at most. I live a predictable life, and would always inform people well in advance, barring emergencies.

How much do you play outside of raiding times?
A good amount. I always enjoy min-maxing my characters, and although I have to admit that endlessly farming MoS was never my thing, I’m very fond of raiding for the sake of it. Sometimes I’ll search for ‘guild’ in the group finder on an active night and try to help out a lesser progressed guild, I just love the feeling of progression even with strangers.
How would you describe yourself as a raider? I’m someone who takes a very calculating approach towards (new) fights. I contribute with useful information, and actively stay up to date on tactics and such outside of raids. When it comes to how I actually play my character, I will always, ALWAYS prioritize avoiding damage over dealing it. In my opinion, unless you’re doing a mathematically impossible boss or one where the tuning is so tight that you have to squeeze out every drop (Avatar/Krosus), I’m certainly going to cancel that cast if it means saving myself HP. I also don’t care in the slightest about ranking/logs, to the point where I’d play single target specs on fights like Tichondrius to let other people rank.

What addons do you use to improve your raiding performance?
I don’t run a super heavy weight addon setup. I have a combination of Tellmewhen and Weakauras to track buffs/dots/whatever magic fuckery people come up with in WA, DBM for the bare basics, and miscellaneous stuff like AngryAssignments / Exorsus Raid Tools and Bartender.

Please supply a screen shot to your UI: http://imgur.com/a/4BhIJ
Please supply a link to the armory with your raiding gear equipped: http://eu.battle.net/wow/character/blad ... 3%AFdalee/

Please supply combat logs of some of your previous kills:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... metric=dps
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 370460/11/
Bonus, POV video of our Gul’Dan kill (first and only :x ) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piTzRCCw7AQ

Please supply a link to the armory of any relevant alts you're playing:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... ge/opulent
Real life info
Name: Vincent
Info about you and what you do when not playing WoW: I'm a student living in the capital of weed and prostitutes. I have a daughter who is just over a year old, two dogs that somewhat dislike me, and am extraordinarily mediocre at playing tennis. I managed to injure myself quite badly last January playing against a guy in a wheelchair. Ironic.

I've been a gamer for as long as I can remember - One of my fondest memories is my dad buying me a Gameboy when I was a kid. At the moment I take refuge in WoW between trying to be there for my little girl, studying, and having fun with the missus. I also tutor kids in English, so if the guild requires anyone to proofread papers, I'm your guy.

I also drink condensed cancer in that I play League of Legends. Used to be Diamond, but am currently hardstuck in Platinum because having a child seriously diminishes my ability to sit still for 5-6 games a day. (My raiding times are sacred, though. I don't live with the girl full-time, and when I do the mother is very, very aware of these hours. Short of a serious accident happening in my house, I am NOT leaving my desk during raids).

August 3rd, 2017, 15:27

Hey Nïdalee,

Thank you for your application to Inner Sanctum, your application is currently under review and we will come back to you with an answer shortly.

Kind regards,

Sags

August 3rd, 2017, 16:22
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]