View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 20th, 2017, 3:08

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 [ Accepted ] Team 2 - Shadow Priest 
Team 2 Trial

General info
Character name:

Alyestra

Battletag:

Sombrius#2277

Race, class, level, Artifact Level server:

Draenei, Priest, 110, 59, Argent Dawn

Talent spec:

Shadow

For how long have you been playing World of Warcraft?

I have been playing since late Vanilla on my brother's account, and really started on my own early-mid TBC

Total played time:

I'm pretty sure when I added everything up a few months ago it reached 400 days. I'm at 43 days on this character.

Time played on current character in current expansion:

25 days

Guild and raid info
Previous guilds and your reason(s) for leaving them:

Before MoP I was on french realms, changed guild a few time as they died out until I switched to Argent Dawn late MoP.
There, I joined Crusade with a Restoration Druid. I took a long break a bit after HFC came out, until Legion.
In Legion, I rerolled to vengeance DH and during ToV I was trying out different DPS specs and really loved Shadow Priest, so I switched main for Nighthold. Early during Nighthold our raiding team started falling apart and we were struggling to clear heroic, so I decided to join Alter Ego, as some of my old raiding pals went there.
Finally, it was with Alter Ego that I got a taste for Mythic. We cleared up to Elisande before 7.2, but then started to struggle to raid, as a chunk of players took breaks or disappeared. We hoped the release of a new raid would fix that, but we were lucky if we had 20 players even after we killed Heroic Kil'jaeden.
So even though I was enjoying the more casual laid-back raiding since WoD, as we were wiping in a 19-man raid on Goroth, I started to think about what it would be to raid in a more serious guild with a bunch of jolly like-minded people. I started looking around, reading guild's descriptions on wowprogress and I stumbled upon Inner Sanctum. I saw that name before, which isn't surprising, reading the feats and age of the guild. I talked to a friend who was more invested in the raiding scene in previous expansions, and on his advice, I decided to finally give serious raiding a shot.

How did you hear about Inner Sanctum?

As written above, I saw your name on wowprogress, and it rang a bell

Why Inner Sanctum and why should we accept YOU?

Why Inner Sanctum: You clear mythic content in a timely fashion, are a well established guild for many years. The restricted raiding hours fit my schedule, and it also ensures time is not wasted on raid start or between pulls. You are also looking for a motivated Shadow Priest, and I happen to be one. Finally, I talked to Sagart a bit, and it was exactly as expected, serious, polite, and it just felt like I would get along in the guild.

Why should you accept me: I would say my main strength is a deep and quick understanding of mechanics. I have excellent memory about things I'm invested in (And horrible memory about everything else), so once I've learned how something works and how I should deal with it, it's marked into my brain for a long while. I could probably still do Heroic Garrosh after only a couple pulls to refresh my memory.
Despite playing Shadow Priest, which is highly volatile in its performance depending on how the fight goes, I am consistent on my performance.
I love reading up and understanding everything there is to know about my class, so I am up to date with the theory at all time, and I will always try to get the most of my character.
Finally, since I'm always trying to improve, I take criticism very well and will always question myself on my own anyway

Do you know anyone from Inner Sanctum in-game or irl already? If yes, who and will they vouch for you?

Sadly apart from the quick conversation I had with Sagart I don't know anyone.

What is your raid experience (on any character and including past experience)?

Semi-serious raiding up to MoP, nothing cutting-edge but still clearing most content. In MoP I cleared heroic (now mythic) SoO while current (took a year, but still !), and then went more casual and cleared heroic content during WoD.
In Legion, I started doing mythic during Nighthold where I cleared up to Ellisande until people couldn't be bothered logging on to raid, and I've only killed Goroth in mythic ToS, even though I've read up on every fight already

What do you expect from raiding in Inner Sanctum

I expect stability, not struggling to raid week after week from lack of players.
I expect seriousness during raid, no time wated due to random AFK or having to go outside to repair for whatever reason.
I expect everyone to know their shit, to have read up or tested the fights before going in, and to know what will happen.
I expect leadership, where constant fuck ups and overall carelessness are called out and dealt with.
Overall I expect a serious guild focused on progress.

Do you have a microphone and are you willing to use it during raids?

I do

Can you attend all of our raid times listed in the rules? How often do you expect to miss a raid? (note we have an 80% attendance requirement and do track raider attendance)

I will attend every raid day 99% of the time. I have missed one raid in all of Legion.

How much do you play outside of raiding times?

It really depends, some weeks I play twice as much or even more, and there can be weeks where aside from the weekly m+, emissaries and raid consumables gather-up I won't log on much. I am almost always on the app though.

How would you describe yourself as a raider?

Dedicated, fast learner, consistent, but quite discreet. I do my job.

What addons do you use to improve your raiding performance?

Mostly ElvUI, Weakauras and DBM.

Please supply a screen shot to your UI:

http://imgur.com/a/ZkQY8

Please supply a link to the armory with your raiding gear equipped:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... n/alyestra

Please supply combat logs of some of your previous kills:

Heroic Kil'jaeden: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tLzH83gKWkJRCahP
Goroth Mythic: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zRb4xB2A8fQHNFtm
Fresh (today's) Heroic clear: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/DBPzjJvf4dVtHhR8

Heroic Kil'jaeden killvid: https://youtu.be/t4Fk-jd-jHo
Mythic Goroth killvid: https://youtu.be/EBEnGLoZ5RI

Please supply a link to the armory of any relevant alts you're playing:

My most relevent and only alt I actually like playing: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... dawn/umnii
Currently not completely raid-ready, but I've only started playing it recently

Real life info
Name:

Alexandre

France

Info about you and what you do when not playing WoW:

Nothing very outstanding. I did computer science studies, I currently work in e-learning, and I spend the most part of my free time playing WoW, Diablo or any solo game I stumble upon. I also sometimes do some Ocarina of Time speedruns.
I try to stream every now and then, mostly raids, but also other games if I think it'll be interesting.

August 3rd, 2017, 22:05
Officer

Hey Alyestra,

Thank you for your application to Inner Sanctum, your application is currently under review and we will come back to you with an answer shortly.

Kind regards,

Sags

August 4th, 2017, 12:23
Officer

Hey Alyestra!

I added you to battle.net, I would like to have a chat with you.

Kemee

August 4th, 2017, 16:15
Officer

Welcome to Inner Sanctum!

August 4th, 2017, 18:39
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]