View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 12th, 2017, 20:39

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 [Declined] Team 1 Application - Shadow Priest/Warlock 

General info
My main character is currently my shadow priest, however, I would be open to the idea of maining my warlock going into Antorus, dependent on the need of the guild.

Character name: Jonnybe (priest), Jonnybelock (warlock)
Battletag: Jbl#21849
Race, class, level, Artifact Level server:
Goblin priest, artifact level 66 (shadow).
Troll warlock, artifact level 63 (affliction) and 54 (destruction).
Talent spec:
For multispec ranged classes I play whichever spec is best for the fight. Currently shadow uses a cookie cutter talent build for every fight, although I would play with Surrender to Madness on farm (or progression if it happens to be strong in Antorus). My talent and spec choices are informed primarily by warcraftlogs and the various class communities in discord or on their respective sites, in addition to the needs of the guild (i.e. whether a burst phase it particularly troublesome, or if we need more sustained damage throughout the fight).

For how long have you been playing World of Warcraft?
I played world of warcraft casually during Vanilla and Burning Crusade. I started again in Warlords of Draenor before getting into organised raiding in Blackrock Foundry. I first achieved cutting edge in Hellfire Citadel and have maintained that standard ever since.

Total played time:
I'll only include my warlock and priest since Warlords of Draenor, although I do play a lot of alts (unless there is a need to focus on a specific character in the run up to, and during, progression).
Warlock: 57 days
Priest: 28 days

Time played on current character in current expansion:
Warlock: 19 days
Priest 27 days

Guild and raid info
Previous guilds and your reason(s) for leaving them:
I first entered organised raiding with Late Night on Silvermoon (who are since defunct). I joined them with the intention of starting to raid mythic, however, they were not able to amass a stable roster of 20 people.

At the start of Hellfire Citadel, I joined Once Again and transferred to Kazzak. I haad a lot of fun raiding in the guild and starting mythic raiding and I took part in the full tier with them. However, they raided 3 days a week (extending to 4 on Mannoroth and Archimonde when close to a kill), ending at midnight GMT. The raid hours were too late and effected my outside of WoW so I decided to take a step back in time but a step forward in progression and applied to Rock Paper Scissors.

I have been with Rock Paper Scissors throughout all of Hellfire Citadel farm and all of Legion so far. I am friends with almost everyone in the guild, extending to meeting a couple of them on a tour of Scotland. However, I feel I have reached point where, to continue challenging myself and enjoying the game, I want to progress in raiding quality and efficieny. We have struggleed with roster issues and select members causing problems for the guild during progress. Additionally, although in a two day guild, I am currently raiding 3 days a week taking part in the heroic raid. I would rather this 3rd day is mandatory progress and, as such, I wish to join a 3 day guild.

How did you hear about Inner Sanctum?

I went through every 3 day guild on wowprogress, setting a cutoff at the top 200 guilds in the world. Inner Sanctum stood out to me for a few reasons.
First and foremost, the standards set for high quality raiding. The emphasis on efficieny is something I really relate to and I aim to apply to my own play, trying to learn and beat a fight in the shortest time possible. Secondly, I have really missed being part of a larger community, as Rock Paper Scissors can be relatively quiet outside of raids. I enjoy chiling on WoW and chatting outside of raids and Inner Sanctum seems to have a thriving community that I could be a part of.

Why Inner Sanctum and why should we accept YOU?
I am applying to Inner Sanctum to challenge myself to continue improving as a player and to experience being part of a new, exciting community.

I believe I would fit well in Inner Sanctum as I am someone who is very competitive and aware of my own flaws. My philosiphy is that I can always improve on my individual progress and, as such, you can expect a consistent player who aims to be quick to adapt. I am, however, humble and very open to criticism. I really enjoy progress and the constant slow process of learning a really hard fight. I hope this enjoyment and excitement is something that would help buoy the guild forward through Antorus.

Finally, despite my focus on performance throughout this application, in reality I am pretty chilled out during a raid and, as such, I hope I would fit nicely into the raid team.

Do you know anyone from Inner Sanctum in-game or irl already? If yes, who and will they vouch for you?

I do not know anyone from Inner Sanctum who could vouch for me. I did message Sagart immediately before writing this application to double check you were in need of a shadow priest.

What is your raid experience (on any character and including past experience)?

I have cutting edge in every tier since Hellfire Citadel.

My main raiding class was warlock up until Trial of Valour. At this point I decided to swap to shadow priest, partly due to their consistent power throughout the expansion and additionally, due to how useful they were on Helya with the mass dispells. A similar instance happened at the beginning of ToS where I played monk for a few weeks due to the guild taking on two warlocks and a shadow priest trial. Following their implosion about 5 bosses in to ToS, I swapped back to Shadow and, to be honest, I really enjoy the spec in it's current iteration.

What do you expect from raiding in Inner Sanctum

I expect a raiding environment that is harsh but fair on individual raiders. I don't expect people to be pandered to. I expect everyone to arrive at the raid 100% ready. I effect to efficiently work to clearing the content as fast as possible in 3 days of raiding.

Do you have a microphone and are you willing to use it during raids?

I have a good microphone and I actively use it to relay information as quickly and efficiently as possible during raids. Outside of focusing during pulls, I'll take part in banter to keep raid morale high. If I were to be a trial, I would initially be quieter than usual as I get to know everyone in the guild, however, I'll soon come out of my shell.

Can you attend all of our raid times listed in the rules? How often do you expect to miss a raid? (note we have an 80% attendance requirement and do track raider attendance)

Of course. My attendance in past raids was ~85%, however, I can't stand missing raids during progression. Because of this, I invested in a laptop and have had 100% attendance throughout ToS.

How much do you play outside of raiding times?

Depends on the need to farm AP/legendaries. At least one hour a day, usually one and a half to two. I am pretty active in my own guild on gchat/ hanging out in discord when I can.

How would you describe yourself as a raider?

Consistent, constantly trying to improve. Very motivated.

What addons do you use to improve your raiding performance?

I use weakauras, bigwigs, exsorus raid tools and angry assignments. An example of a more minor addon would be rangedisplay, which I to help optimise movement during an encounter.

Please supply a screen shot to your UI:
https://imgur.com/a/yezow
Alternatively, I have streamed almost all of our progress throughout ToS and backup the videos on twitch.
You can see my PoV, warts and all here:
twitch.tv/jonnbelock

Please supply a link to the armory with your raiding gear equipped:
Priest
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... ak/jonnybe
Warlock
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... onnybelock

Please supply combat logs of some of your previous kills:
We private log ToS so I took a screenshot of our Mistress and Maiden first (and only) kills:
https://imgur.com/a/9EHAB
https://imgur.com/a/wuLPI
Heroic (mainly from our alt, social raid)
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... metric=dps
Monk for first few weeks of ToS
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... artition=1
Nighthold (I shit the bed this tier and had to miss the middle of progression (there for all of Elisande and Gul'dan). As such, my gear was poor, but honestly, I didn't play as well as I would have been happy with. I don't plan on playing this poorly again)
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 634736/11/
Trial of Valour (I am not sure why there is no Helya kill here)
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... artition=2
Emerald Nightmare (back on my warlock)
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 488732/10/

Hellfire citadel rankings aren't currently viewable on WCL, hopefully the other logs give you an idea that I am constantly trying to improve, in particular during this tier.

Please supply a link to the armory of any relevant alts you're playing:
In addition to my warlock, here is my monk:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... onnybeskye
I also have a druid (with cindaria and prydaz rip) that I plan on gearing up before and during Antorus (balance). I have, in the past, also played a hunter and mage (alt raided Hellfire citadel). I also have a shaman at 110 that I have no interest in playing. I didn't include armoury links for all of these as they are all quite superfluous.

Real life info
Name: Jonathon
Info about you and what you do when not playing WoW: I'm a PhD student. Outside of WoW I drum in a metal band and enjoy climbing and running.

Additional Information:
There is one caveat to my application. I will be in Australia between the 29th of October and the 19th of November which, although I will be of course be playing and farming AP, I suspect the latency will be too high to raid. If it is not, I will be available to raid. I know this is a big issue in the application, however, I scheduled this trip so that it would only clash with the Wednesday of Heroic week and I will be back by the Sunday. Additionally, I should have impeccable attendance following this trip throughout the rest of Antorus, including the Christmas holidays.
In writing this application now, I would hope that you would have enough weeks to assess me as a raider and my ability to adapt to a new guild environment. I also aim to apply now so that I don't leave my current guild just after we start progression which I think would be a pretty scummy thing to do to a bunch of people I count as friends.

Finally, if you wish to reach out to my old guild, please let me know first. I've been with them a while, I will be sad to leave and I would rather I let tell them about my intentions before someone outside of the guild.

Other than that, cheers for making it this far if you did. Thank you for reading my application and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers,
Jonny

September 26th, 2017, 21:45

Minor correction; it's twitch.tv/jonnybelock for some vods.

September 26th, 2017, 22:05

Hey jonnybe,

Thank you for your application to Inner Sanctum, your application is currently under review and we will come back to you with an answer shortly.

Kind regards,

Sags

September 27th, 2017, 0:11

Hey Jonnybe.

Thanks for your application to Inner Sanctum.
I regret to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful.

We wish you the best of luck in finding a guild that suits you.

Kind regards,
Sags

September 30th, 2017, 12:31
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]