View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently January 17th, 2018, 5:47

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 [ Declined ] Ellzie Prot Pally - KVWN News Team 

Character name: Ellzie
Battletag: Fudgeybear#2430
Race, class, level, Artifact Level server: Human, Paladin, 110 and Artifact Level 74
Talent spec: Protection

For how long have you been playing World of Warcraft?
Since Classic, albeit a bit on and off between Mists and Warlords.

Total played time:
On my Paladin 50 days 23 hours total. not sure what it would be across all my characters, my Warrior had 130+ in Wrath.

Time played on current character in current expansion:
Oo well the character that I am applying with says 7 days total, my Blood DK that I mained at the start of this expansion says 30 days total. These are low due to me having stopped playing when Nighthold launched.

Guild and raid info
Previous guilds and your reason(s) for leaving them:
This expanion that would be just two, my friends I joined at the start of this expansion (it was just me him and another friend so nothing note worth just a social guild for us) which I left to join a raid guild Aritrary which I left due to what I felt lacked vision, I can't quite put my finger on it exactly but it's just one of those feelings that when you know something just isn't for you if that makes sense?

How did you hear about Inner Sanctum?
I was just browsing for guild looking for prot paladins/tanks on WoW progress when I came across your guild and the KNWN News Team, I liked the idea of being a fossil, I raided hardcore in Wrath and Cata so that makes me feel old when I think that was 8 years ago roughly.

Why Inner Sanctum and why should we accept YOU?
I want to raid and I am just looking for that perfect fit for me, I like the idea of raiding twice a week with one set in stone and the other being open for another day to mix things up a little, I like routine but when you raided hardcore previously this seems a little more laid back than that but with still wanting progress which is my ideal really. I like to think I am a quick learner when it come to raiding and I always come prepared, although I am a firm believer in learning by doing I do still watch all raid videos etc as they are a great foundation for that learning.

Do you know anyone from Inner Sanctum in-game or irl already? If yes, who and will they vouch for you?
Nope, I'm an outsider wanting to be an insider.

What is your raid experience (on any character and including past experience)?
I played classic but never raided, my raiding career began in The Burning Crusade, I will list expansion, server, raid guild/group and role/class for each expansion I raided in.
Burning Crusade - Earthen Ring Server - White Rose Raiders - Warrior Tank
Kara - Full Clear
Maggy - Cleared
Gruul - Cleared
The Eye - All but Kael'thas
Battle for Mount Hyjal - All but Archimonde
SSC - All but Lady Vashj
Black Temple - All but Illidan

Wrath of the Lich King - Earthen Ring Server - The Legacy - Warrior Tank
Naxxramas - Full Clear
The Eye of Eternity - Cleared
Ulduar - Cleared Inlcuding hardmodes bar Yogg hardmode.
Trial of the Crusader - Full Clear on Normal Didnt do Heroic
I left The Legacy and joined Keepers of the Oath who were the realms 2nd best guild.
Ice Crown Citadel - Normal Full clear on 10 and 25 man. Heroic All but Lich King on 10 and 25 man.
Obsidian Sanctum - Cleared
Ruby Sanctum - Cleared on normal but not heroic.

Cataclysm - Kazzak Server - Eternium (I think or something similar) - Paladin Protection
I took a massive break at the start of the expansion and came back and joined my sisters guild towards the end.
Dragon Soul Normal and Heroic full clear

I just did LFR in both Mists and Warlords.

Legion

I pugged normal and Heroic Emerald Nightmare on my Blood DK - Full clear on both.

Antorus just the firs two on heroic with my Paladin.

/End wall of text.

What do you expect from raiding in Inner Sanctum
Progress but not at the expense of fun, afterall it's a game not a job!

Do you have a microphone and are you willing to use it during raids?
Sure do, I can be quiet though (not a man of many words) but I am more than willing to speak during raids as its part and parcel of being a tank for a raid.

Can you attend all of our raid times listed in the rules? How often do you expect to miss a raid? (note we have an 80% attendance requirement and do track raider attendance)
While I'm not going to promise to make all raids, as I believe that is humanly impossible due to real life events and work sometimes, I would say my attendance would be well above the 80% minimum. I would like to add I do training at work on mondays which doesnt finish until 19:30 server time, so this might be my only confilct with raid times that I can forsee, usaually take me about 40 mins to get home after it ends.

How much do you play outside of raiding times?
Some might say too much, not every waking hour but usually for a few hours when I get home and a huge amount at the weekends should I not have anything to do (christmas shopping soon noooo!)

How would you describe yourself as a raider?
Well as a mentioned previously I think I am a quick learner when it comes to learning fights, I am only human and mistakes do happen but I do learn from them and adapt what I was doing when I made it to prevent it from happening again. Willing to take advice and constructive feedback on my role, as I believe I am a good tank but I would be foolish if I said I was perfect, there is always room for improvement.

What addons do you use to improve your raiding performance?
Not that many actually, I like a clean UI so I can see whats going on around my character but I will list everything I use here:
Bartender
Details
DBM
Tidyplates (awesome for tanking I think)
Shadowed Unit Frames
Weak Auras
Omen
And a few others that are not really worth mentioning like gatherer etc.

Please supply a screen shot to your UI:
https://ibb.co/kxHYXw

Please supply a link to the armory with your raiding gear equipped:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... oon/ellzie

Please supply combat logs of some of your previous kills:
I don't have any sorry, literally only did Antorus on a whim :(

Please supply a link to the armory of any relevant alts you're playing:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... oon/elleza

Additional WoW related info
My DK has a very good frost OS, although she is only ilvl 919 in both Blood and Frost I am very comfortable playing dps with her. As I have recently switched back to my Paladin as my main my retribution gear is lacking and I am planning on improving it once I feel I have a sufficient tank set.

Real life info
Name:Tom
Info about you and what you do when not playing WoW:I work as an IT technician providing support to schools around my surrounding area, so yeah ultra nerd I like computers which naturally goes with playing video games. Aside from that I try to go a live gig atleast once a month if I can (I met Blink 182 and had my picture taken with them, I look really fat in it so I'm not happy about that). As you might have guessed from that statement I am very much in to my pop punk music but tend to listen to anything really. Now I feel like I am writing a dating profile!

Anyway thanks for taking the time to read this, and apolgies for the wall of text in some places I can get carried away sometimes when writing.

Cheers

Tom

December 2nd, 2017, 17:16
Officer

Hi Ellzie,

Thanks for your application.

We've decided to raid both Sundays and Mondays; as a result we'll have to decline your application due to lateness on the Mondays.

Thanks for applying - best of luck for the future!

James

December 4th, 2017, 10:39
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]