View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently January 17th, 2018, 5:44

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 [Declined] Ixmo - Blood Death Knight - KVWN News Team 

I spoke to an Officer earlier today regarding the two raiding teams. I am applying to KVWN News Team but if Omega are also looking for a tank, happy to join as both teams fit my raiding schedule.

General info

Character name: Ixmo
Battletag: Ixmo#1849
Race, class, level, Artifact Level server: Human, Death Knight, 110, 75, Draenor
Talent spec: Blood

For how long have you been playing World of Warcraft?

I have been playing since Vanilla, so roughly 12-13 years.

Total played time: 225 days

Time played on current character in current expansion: 21 days

Guild and raid info

Previous guilds and your reason(s) for leaving them:

For a couple of years now I haven’t been in a raiding guild. Reason being I didn’t have much free time in the past to commit to a raiding schedule. So I have mostly focused on PuGs to do normal / heroics.

How did you hear about Inner Sanctum?

Wowprogress.com

Why Inner Sanctum and why should we accept YOU?

I’d like to be a part of a well focused and organised guild who strive to complete all aspects of mythic raiding, which is evident from your progression. I strive to see all of the content WoW has to offer, as in the past I have been held back by guilds not being as dedicated and performing as well as myself. I’m looking for maturity, people with a good sense of humour and a solid raiding team who can focus for long periods of hours.

As previously mentioned I have been playing WoW for over 12-13 years now so I know the game very well, I’m a reliable player, a very quick learner when it comes to new encounters and I don't go AFK during raids. I follow orders well, I have a microphone which I’m not afraid to use on Discord / Teamspeak and if the raid leader tells me to do something I’ll do it. Also constantly reading various websites to help improve and understand my class.

Do you know anyone from Inner Sanctum in-game or irl already? If yes, who and will they vouch for you?

I don’t unfortunately.

What is your raid experience (on any character and including past experience)?
Tell us a little bit about your raiding experience:

Classic WoW -
Molten Core - Cleared
Blackwing Lair - Cleared

Burning Crusade –
Karazhan - Cleared
Zul'Aman - Cleared
Gruul's Lair - Cleared
Magtheridon's Lair - Cleared
Serpentshrine Cavern - Cleared all except for Lady Vashj
Tempest Keep: The Eye - Cleared all except for Kael'thas Sunstrider
Mount Hyjal – Cleared

Wrath of the Lich King –
Naxxramas 10/25 - Cleared
Obsidian Sanctum 10/25 - Cleared
Eye of Eternity 10/25 - Cleared
Ulduar 10/25 - Cleared all except Algalon the Observer
Crusaders' Coliseum 10/25 - Cleared
Icecrown Citadel 10 – Cleared.
Icecrown Citadel 10 Heroic - Cleared all apart from Lich King.
Icecrown Citadel 25 – Cleared.
Icecrown Citadel 25 Heroic - Cleared all apart from Lich King.

Cataclysm –
Bastion of Twilight - Cleared
Bastion of Twilight Heroic - Halfus Wyrmbreaker, Valiona and Theralion, Ascendant Council and attempted a few fights with Sinestra getting her to 15%, unfortunately I was benched when the guild got the kill.
Blackwing Descent – Cleared
Blackwing Descent Heroic - Cleared
Throne of Four Winds – Cleared
Throne of Four Winds Heroic – The Conclave of Wind
Firelands – All bosses dead apart from Ragnaros

Mists of Pandaria -
I didn't really raid much this expansion as I started about half way through it. Mostly did LFR and some normal raids when SoO was released.

Warlords of Draenor -
Highmaul - 7/7 Normal
Heroic - 7/7
Mythic - 1/7

Legion –
When Legion was released I played only a little of it before becoming quite busy in real life and having to unsub for a while. Now that I have more free time I’m looking to get back into semi-hardcore raiding.

Emerald Nightmare – 7/7 LFR / Normal
The Nighthold – 10/10 Normal
Tomb of Sargeras – 9/9 Normal / 7/9 Heroic (Killing Kil’jaeden before the Burning Throne patch). Unfortunately many PuGs could not do Maiden or Avatar.
Antorus, The Burning Throne – 11/11 normal, 4/11 heroic

What do you expect from raiding in Inner Sanctum

I expect a raiding guild that can focus for long periods of hours, even after wiping a few times on bosses, come prepared and have studied each fight and how their class can benefit certain mechanics.

Do you have a microphone and are you willing to use it during raids?

Yes, happy to talk.

Can you attend all of our raid times listed in the rules? How often do you expect to miss a raid? (note we have an 80% attendance requirement and do track raider attendance)

I have a lot of free time after work and normally enjoy spending my time on WoW doing various things. I’ve decided that I want to start raiding once more in a guild I can call home and will always be there for progression.

How much do you play outside of raiding times?

As previously stated I have a lot of free time after work and enjoy spending my time on WoW. When not raiding I will normally be doing mythic + or perhaps levelling an alt. If guild mates need a hand I am always happy to help.

How would you describe yourself as a raider?

I am ready to get back into raiding. This means I will be 100% focused while raiding and will strive to achieve the best outcome within each boss fight. I regularly read up on each boss tactics and will always come well prepared for each raid (flasks, runes, food buff). I always strive to play the best I can while having the best consumables, gems and enchants. I have played and mained tank since the start of the game and will always be dedicated and determined even through hundreds of wipes. Knowledgeable about raids, I watch videos and read about Blood Death Knights being specific to each encounter.

What addons do you use to improve your raiding performance?

Deadly Boss Mods
Weakauras

Please supply a screen shot to your UI:

https://imgur.com/e2emnnp

Please supply a link to the armory with your raiding gear equipped:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... aenor/ixmo

Please supply combat logs of some of your previous kills:

Unfortunately I do not have any logs to show because for this expansion I have not raided with a guild which use it. If this is a problem, please let me know and I will find a way to fix.

Please supply a link to the armory of any relevant alts you're playing:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... /%C3%ADxmo

I was testing out a Monk and have enjoyed it so far. May look into gearing some more once I’m done with my main and the new raid.

Real life info
Name: Dave
Info about you and what you do when not playing WoW:

I currently live in England and work for the NHS as a Data Manager. It’s not the most exciting job but I get to meet and work with some interesting people each day and it pays the bills for my little house (plus my WoW sub!) I love to game and have done all my life and if I'm not on WoW no doubt I'll be on my PS4. But this doesn't mean I don't like to go out with friends / partner and have a few drinks which I do some Friday / Saturday nights (and maybe a little cheeky Shisha on the side).

You're free to add extra information if you feel like it!

I love to tank. No matter what MMO I play, I have always gone straight for the tanking choice which seemed the most fun to me. Back in Vanilla / BC I used to tank as a Warrior but then Death Knights were released and I fell in love with the class ever since.

Below are the reasons why I’m using the talents I have even though there isn’t too much customization these days to play with –

Blooddrinker – A channelled ability with only a 30 second cooldown where I can still parry, dodge and use cooldown defensive abilities while healing myself. I feel like this is a must talent for when raiding (though for Mythic +, I may use Heartbreaker to quickly gain more Runic Power).

Rapid Decomposition – Death & Decay does more damage over time and while standing in it I generate 1 Runic Power per second giving me more chances to use Death Strike.

Ossuary – More Runic Power and having my Death Strike cost lowered by 5 is just all around too good not to have. This makes it easier to heal more frequent and keep up my blood shield. Death Knights do a lot of damage as well, and if you don’t need the survivability, Blood Tap is good for when bosses have burst-phase mechanics.
Red Thirst – I feel this is the best talent, decreasing the best defensive cooldown.

March of the Damned – This talent is very useful for any fight you need to move quick on or break any snare / stun effects. Tightening Grasp is useful for any fight with adds which need pulling in together quickly. Tremble Before Me can be useful in some Mythic + but never to be taken in any raid.

Foul Bulwark – Gaining 2% maximum health for each bone shield charge active is useful for any boss fights who have that one ability which hits quite hard.

Purgatory – Best talent hands down. This talent has saved me many times in the past and will in the future. Sometimes even saving boss fights where if a tank died, it would have been a wipe. Purgatory is the best for progression, but on fights and farming content when you know you’re not going to die, the other two are good too. Bonestorm for AoE.

December 6th, 2017, 19:10
Officer

Hello,

Thank for your submitting an application to our raid team.
We will discuss your application and get back to you in due course.

KVWN Officers
Inner Sanctum

December 6th, 2017, 19:29
Officer

Hello,
We would like to inform you that your application to Inner Sanctum has been unsuccessful.
We wish you the best of luck in finding a suitable guild to raid with.

Good luck
Inner Sanctum

December 7th, 2017, 13:07

Many thanks for your swift reply.

May I ask the reason? Just so I can learn from any mistakes I may have made.

Thanks.

December 7th, 2017, 13:34
Officer

We felt it was a well written and thorough application, but the fact that you have never really experienced mythic level raiding, even going back expansions and years, and have no other equivalent experience really worked against you.

Based on your existing raid experience, you really ought to be applying to guilds closer to what you have achieved, in my opinion, and then work your way up to a point where you might be considered by a good guild, instead of killing normal or heroic once and thinking that that is good enough to move onto mythic.

Veej

December 7th, 2017, 13:49
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]